Revit MEP Quiz
Test your Revit knowledge after taking the Revit MEP Fundamental class.
1 / 40
Chapter 5 | Working with Views
1. What is the purpose of creating a callout?
2 / 40
Chapter 14 | Annotating Construction Documents
2. A Detail Line created in one view also displays in the other view.
3 / 40
Chapter 2 | Basic Sketching and Modify Tools
3. Where do you change the type for a selected plumbing fixture, as shown below.
4 / 40
Chapter 10 | Plumbing Systems
4. After tying in piping to a sloped sanitary pipe, the automatically placed fittings are facing the wrong direction, as shown below. How would you fix this?
5 / 40
Chapter 1 | Introduction to BIM and Autodesk Revit
5. What is the purpose of the Project Browser?
6 / 40
6. Which command would you use to break part of a duct so that you can change the duct type?
7 / 40
Chapter 4 | Starting Systems Projects
7. On which of the following element types can a coordination review with the host project be performed?
8 / 40
Chapter 9 | HVAC Systems
8. How do you change an elbow fitting to a tee fitting?
9 / 40
Chapter 13 | Creating Construction Documents
9. Which of the following is the best method to use if the size of a view is too large for a sheet, as shown below?
10 / 40
10. When adding pipe accessories, such as the Butterfly Valve shown below, you are first required to:
11 / 40
11. How is the title block information filled in as shown in the image below? (Select all that apply.)
12 / 40
12. What type of view do you need to be in to add a level to your project?
13 / 40
Chapter 16 | Creating Details
13. Which command do you use to add a pattern (such as concrete or earth, as shown in image below to part of a detail?
14 / 40
Chapter 6 | Setting Up Spaces
14. When you have a space that is not defined entirely by walls, such as a balcony in a 2-story lobby, how do you control the size of the space?
15 / 40
15. Which of the following is true about the Visibility Graphic Overrides dialog box?
16 / 40
16. What is the main difference between a view made using (Default 3D View) and a view made using (Camera)?
17 / 40
17. What is the purpose of an alignment line?
18 / 40
18. How do you create a jog in a building section, such as that shown below?
19 / 40
Chapter 15 | Adding Tags and Schedules
19. What happens when you delete an air terminal in an Autodesk Revit model?
20 / 40
20. Which of the following commands can be used when modifying pipe? (Select all that apply.)
21 / 40
21. Where do you specify the Flow of an air terminal, such as that shown in the image below (Select all that apply.)
22 / 40
Chapter 11 | Advanced Systems for HVAC and Plumbing
22. How do you specify which type of system you want to create when the element has multiple options, such as the lavatory shown below?
23 / 40
23. If you do not see spaces in the view you are working in, as shown on the top of image below, what is required to display them as shown on the bottom of the image below?
24 / 40
24. How do you specify the size of a sheet?
25 / 40
25. Which placement option can be used for placing a face based plumbing fixture on the wall, as shown below?
26 / 40
26. Which of the following elements can be copied and monitored? (Select all that apply.)
27 / 40
27. How do you specify the direction in which a pipe slopes as you are creating it, as shown below?
28 / 40
28. Which of the following commands creates a view that results in an independent view displaying the same model geometry and containing a copy of the annotation?
29 / 40
29. Detail Lines only display in the view they were created in.
30 / 40
30. Which of the following describes the difference between a symbol and a component?
31 / 40
31. On how many sheets can a floor plan view be placed?
32 / 40
32. What is the difference between Type Properties and Properties?
33 / 40
33. Both Rotate and Array with Radial have a center of rotation that defaults to the center of the element or group of elements you have selected. How do you move the center of rotation to another point, as shown below? (Select all that apply.)
34 / 40
34. When you want to add spaces to a project that uses a linked model’s room name and number information, what is required for the spaces to work as expected (Select all that apply.)
35 / 40
Chapter 8 | Basic Systems Tools
35. When you select a Mechanical Equipment component, several icons display. What is the purpose of these icons?
36 / 40
36. What is required before you can create an automatic ductwork layout?
37 / 40
37. When can you convert a rigid duct to a flexible duct, such as that shown below?
38 / 40
38. How many elements must be selected before you can create a duct or piping system?
39 / 40
39. Which method enables you to move an air terminal hosted by a ceiling that has been copied, as shown below, up to a different ceiling height?
40 / 40
40. When you create a project in the Autodesk Revit software, do you work in 3D as show below on the left or 2D as shown below on the right?
Your score is
The average score is 59%